Our ‘New Year, New Us’ motivation may be waning just a little bit… but blogger Beth Heddle’s delicious gluten free blueberry baked oats make feeling good and eating right so easy, we couldn’t help but share it with you! Read on for her super-tasty and oh-so-virtuous recipe…
Blueberry Baked Oats by Beth Heddle
“This recipe will give you another reason to get up in the morning. It takes as little as 25 minutes and will warm you up for a busy day in these cold winter temperatures. It totally refined sugar free, packed with fibre and healthy fats too!
It’s perfect served with fresh berries and greek yoghurt – not to mention it’s amazing sweet cinnamon flavour.”
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
You will need
- 1/2 cup Delicious Alchemy Rice Flakes
- 1/2 cup Delicious Alchemy Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 1 heaped tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 heaped tbsp Flaxseed
- 2 Mashed Bananas
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1 cup Milk
- Preheat the oven to 180oC
- Stir the rice flakes, rolled oats, chia seeds, flaxseed, baking powder, cinnamon and coconut flour in a bowl.
- Mash the bananas and stir in the vanilla extract and milk.
- Combine the wet and dry mixes together and mix until well combined.
- Line a small load tin with greaseproof paper and place the blueberries on the base of the tin.
- Pour the mix on top of the blueberries and bake for roughly 20 minutes, until it is not sticky to touch.
- Serve hot with fresh nuts and seeds!
Beth is an award-winning blogger who has a passion for running, fitness, food and travel. When she’s not baking up a storm or pounding the pavements, she’s a student at the University of Birmingham. Make sure you check out Beth’s blog here, and follow her on Instagram for some serious fitness/foodie #goals!