We’ve sadly come to the end of Coeliac Awareness Week (sob!).
But what better way to round things off than with the ULTIMATE British pudding?
This is a dessert that has stood the test of time. A family favourite throughout the years, it will always leave you with a full belly and a warm heart!
This recipe serves 4 and utilises our very own Gluten Free Oats.
- Fruit Filling:
- 300g rhubarb, sliced
- 5 granny smith apples, cored and sliced
- 125g caster sugar
- 100g buckwheat
- 60g Delicious Alchemy Gluten and Dairy Free Oats
- 100g butter / dairy free alternative
- 80g soft brown sugar
You will need:
- 1 20cm deep oven dish
- 1 pan
- 1 bowl
- Place the rhubarb and 100g of the caster sugar in a pan
- Heat the pan on a small hob at a low heat and leave the sugar and rhubarb to caramelise for half an hour
- Remove from the heat and add in the apple and the remaining 25g of caster sugar. Stir until the apple is fully coated with the sugar and rhubarb syrup
- To prepare the crumble, put your crumble ingredients in a bowl and rub together until the butter is well distributed throughout the mix
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 4/180 ͦC/160 ͦC for fan assisted ovens
- Pour the apple and rhubarb mix into the bottom of the dish and top with the crumble mix
- Put the crumble in the oven and leave to bake for 40-45 minutes until the crumble topping is golden brown
- Serve immediately with custard/ice cream/dairy free alternatives
Info: If rhubarb isn’t in season, add a couple of extra apples to the filling and skip steps 1 and 2 (you don’t need to heat up the apples before baking as they’re much sweeter than rhubarb).