In aid of Coeliac Awareness Week, we’ll be bringing you a new and oh-so-delicious Gluten Free recipe every day this week, which will hopefully keep your mouths a-watering right through til Sunday.
And what better recipe to begin the week on than energy balls – it is Monday after all!
This recipe will make 16 energy balls to keep you going right through the week.
- 225g deglet nour dates (stones removed)
- 100g Delicious Alchemy Gluten Free Oats
- 2 ½ tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp cocoa nibs
- 2 tbsp freeze dried strawberries
You will need:
- Access to a food processor
- 2 bowls
- Put the dates, Gluten Free Oats and almond butter into a food processor and pulse for 5-7 minutes – the mixture should be loose with the dates reduced to ⅛th (or less) of their original size
- Halve the mixture and put it into two separate bowls, add the cocoa nibs to one bowl and the freeze dried strawberries to the other bowl
- Start with the strawberry mix – using your hands pick up a small handful of the mixture and compact into a small ball. Place onto a plate once it’s fully compacted, and repeat until the mixture is used up
- Repeat with the cocoa nib mix until you run out of the mixture
- Nibble on the energy balls when you’re looking for an alternative healthy snack
Raw energy balls like these are perfect for mid-afternoon slumps as they’re packed with our gluten free oats that give lasting energy and they can last a few days if they’re kept in an airtight container. Don’t just take our word for it, Deliciously Ella and Madeleine Shaw love raw energy balls too and each have their own variations.