Our incredibly talented friend Luci Rebecca is a big advocate of our gluten and dairy free oats! She’s always coming up with interesting and innovative breakfast ways to make her morning porridge even more delicious – and they’re always so pretty as well!
This photo in particular caught our eyes last week, and Luci has been kind enough to let us share her recipe. All you need to recreate this jam jar of joy is our gluten and dairy free rolled oats, some fruit smoothie, some yoghurt and a handful of berries.
Too good to be true? Try it yourself!
Gluten Free Pink Oatmeal Parfait by Luci Rebecca
- Prep time: 2 minutes
- Cook time: 3-7 minutes (depending on cooking method)
- Serves: 1
- 1/3 cup (30g) Delicious Alchemy Gluten Free Oats
- 100ml sweet smoothie (I used Innocent’s ‘Perfectly Pink’)
- 100ml water
- 150g dairy-free yoghurt
- 2 handfuls of berries, fresh or frozen (I used frozen blackberries and strawberries)
- Additional sweetener (optional)
- Jar for assembling
1 – Prepare your oats
- Microwave version:
Mix together the oats, water and smoothie in a microwaveable bowl and cook for 1 minute. Remove the oatmeal from the microwave and stir, then cook for another minute and stir again. Repeat this process until you reach your desired consistency at 30-second intervals. If it’s not quite sweet enough for you, stir in some sweetener here.
- Stove-top version:
Mix together the oats, water and smoothie in a saucepan and place over a low-medium heat. Bring to a gentle simmer, stirring regularly, until they reach your preferred consistency. If it’s not quite sweet enough for you, stir through some sweetener here and cook for a few moments more.
2 – Layer it up!
- Spoon half of the oatmeal into a jar
- Layer on a handful of frozen berries
- Spoon half of the yoghurt onto the berries
- Gently layer on the remaining oatmeal, followed by the rest of the berries and then the yoghurt
- Top with whatever you like – I used extra berries but go wild! Flaked almonds, toasted coconut, whatever you fancy!
3 – Dig in with a spoon and enjoy!
Have you been getting creative in the kitchen? We love to see what masterpieces you have made with our mixes – send your recipes, photos or videos to firstname.lastname@example.org, tag us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.