There’s nothing we love more than seeing photos of the delicious masterpieces you’ve created with our mixes, and when we see something as amazing as THIS pop up on Instagram – featuring chocolate, cake and honeycomb – we know we just have to share it!
Gluten Free Chocolate Crunchie Cake Recipe by Lauren Fitness
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 20-30 mins
- Serves: 10-14 people
For the cake:
- Delicious Alchemy’s Gluten & Dairy Free Vanilla Sponge Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 20g Cocoa powder
- 2 large Crunchie bars
- A splash of water
For the icing:
- 2 large Dairy Milk chocolate bars
- 4 Crunchie bars
- Pre-heat the oven to 150°c and line an 8″ tin with baking paper
- Crush up two large Crunchie bars, either using a blender or put them in a food/freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin
- Put the crushed up Crunchie bars into a large bowl along with the Vanilla Sponge mix, eggs, water and cocoa powder, and mix together until properly blended
- Pour this into your tin and bake. Check your cake with a skewer or fork after 20 mins – if it comes out with mix on, leave it another 10 minutes, but if it comes out clean – it’s ready!
- Leave to cool in the tin for 5 mins before turning out and leaving to cool completely
- To make the icing – simply melt your Dairy Milk bars, blend/crush your remaining Crunchie bars and mix together before pouring onto your cooled cake
Want more people to know how good this tastes? Tweet this recipe.
Indulgent and delicious cake
This cake is rather indulgent but, hey – you’ve got to treat yourself sometimes! If you fancy making a version that’s less chocolate-heavy, swap out the chocolate for fruit and allow an extra 5 mins for baking.
If you’ve come up with some Delicious Alchemy of your own and made up a fantastic new recipe with one of our mixes, we’d love to see! Send your photos into firstname.lastname@example.org, message us on Facebook, or tag us on Twitter or Instagram, and your recipe could be featured here on our site. Happy baking!