With Spring just around the corner, this light and bright delicious Raspberry Vanilla Swirl Cake is the perfect way to welcome in the new season. Health and nutrition blogger, Lauren Fitness, has come up with a brand new recipe using our Gluten Free Vanilla Sponge mix!
Recipe: Gluten Free Raspberry Vanilla Swirl Cake by Lauren Fitness
This gluten free cake is the perfect accompaniment to a nice mid-afternoon cup of tea. The subtle undertones of vanilla with the addition of raspberries is such a delicious combination, and creates a wonderfully fruity aroma that floods the kitchen when in the oven.
As you tuck into this delicious cake, you’ll notice how smooth the texture is. The cooked raspberries become a gooey mouthful, which perfectly complements the crunch of the crust.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Oven time: 20-30 minutes
- Serves: 8 people
- 1 bag Delicious Alchemy Gluten Free Vanilla Sponge Mix
- 3 eggs
- 100g raspberries
- A splash of water (around 75ml)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Empty your Vanilla Sponge Mix into the bowl, and add the eggs and water
- Whisk everything together (I used an old-fashioned, handheld whisk as the Delicious Alchemy Mix does not create any lumps)
- Microwave your raspberries for one minute, then mush them up and microwave for another minute
- Pour the raspberry mixture into the mixing bowl with the rest of the ingredients, and gently swirl it in – be careful not to mix it in completely
- Line your baking tin with either oil, butter or greaseproof baking paper, and pour the cake mixture in
- Now, it’s time to place your cake in the oven!
- After around 15 minutes of baking, put a fork into the cake to see if it is ready. If the fork comes out dry, your cake is ready! If not, leave it for another five minutes and do the fork test again. Keep repeating this until it is ready to remove from the oven.
A perfect cake for afternoon tea
Want more people to know how good this tastes? Tweet this recipe.
You can also follow Lauren’s Instagram here.