Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30-35 mins
Serves/Makes: 4 people
You will need:
Salt & pepper to taste
1/2 tsp chilli powder (optional)
1 tsp garlic powder
4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
50g gluten free pain flour
3 medium free-range eggs, beaten
2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5. Oil two baking trays with vegetable oil.
- Mix the rice flake, chilli powder, garlic powder in a bowl.
- Blend in a food processor to a fine consistency
- Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place the flour in another bowl.
- Dip the chicken pieces in plain flour, then in the beaten egg and finally coat in the blended rice flakes. Shake off the excess and lay the chicken goujons on the oiled baking tray. (The process is easier if you keep one hand clean of egg for dipping the chicken in the flour and riceflakes.)
- Drizzle the goujons all over with more of the vegetable oil.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes, turning once. Remove from the oven when completely cooked through and golden-brown all over.