Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
You will need:
375g Gluten free self-rising flour
150g feta, crumbled
2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan or vegan hard cheese
330ml milk or dairy free alternative
90g butter, melted or dairy free alternative
1 tablespoon parsley
1 tablespoon oregano
2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan or vegetarian hard cheese, extra
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan
- Place spinach in a microwavable bowl and cook for 2 minutes until wilted. Leave to cool.
- Once cool, remove as much liquid out of the spinach using kitchen towel.
- Sift flour into a bowl. Add spinach, feta and parmesan, and stir to combine.
- Whisk together the milk, butter, egg and herbs until well combined.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture and use a metal spoon to stir until just combined (do not over mix).
- Spoon mixture into muffin cases.
- Sprinkle with extra parmesan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.